The main stages of the certification process are :
An optional preliminary audit to assess the situation of your company with respect to the requirements of the SA8000 standard. A gap analysis will identify your company’s strengths and potential areas for improvement;
Voluntary participation in the SAWNET web-platform, the Social Accountability Watch (S.A.W.), which is an instrument to raise awareness and give evidence of the socially responsible behaviour of organisations and actively involves stakeholders;
The certification process includes two on-site audits:
- stage 1, which assesses the readiness of your organisation in terms of planning for the SA8000 scheme and
- stage 2, which assesses the status of the system’s implementation;
- issuance of the certificate;
- semi-annual surveillance audits;
- 1 unannounced semi-annual surveillance audit per triennial period.
Certiquality can perform integrated audits combining the SA8000 standard with the main international standards (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, product certification).